As per a great suggestion from my boyfriend and my burning desire to switch up my weekly dinner dishes, I’ve been brainstorming…
I’m going international!
Okay, not really…
All that really means is that I’m going to mix up my food choices and recipes by sticking to certain cuisines weekly and changing up my dishes in that way
- Planning my menu and shopping around different types of cuisines
- Adding variety to old dishes by putting new culinary twists on them
- Setting myself up to cook based on cuisine and not protein, i.e. Monday will be Italian night v. Monday will be chicken, etc
Basically, I’m hoping to plan my shopping and cooking around broadening my food horizons and giving myself more options by branching out to international cuisines.
We do A LOT of American comfort food in my house. Which, don’t get me wrong, is delicious and I enjoy it! But we do A LOT OF IT
Soups, stews, meat n potatoes, etc.
I’m going a little crazy eating variations on crockpot beef stew and chicken soup on a regular basis. When I cook just for me, I always mix it up.
- Italian one night
- Asian another
- Sometimes Mediterranean
- Other times American comfort food or Southern country cooking
- And sometimes Spanish or TexMex when I need some kick!
I also want to open my dad up to eating more varied meals, since my mom and I cook for him almost every night
I plan to transition into cooking by cuisine, instead of saying “chicken tonight, beef tomorrow, etc…” because that just rotates the same recipes or variations
I’ve bookmarked TONS of recipes I want to try over the past few weeks and they all span the globe of food!
Hoping to get to some of these delicious dishes in the next few weeks:
- Sweet Potato Hash + Eggs for the breakfast-for-dinner nights
- “Pad Thai” which I’ll modify with almond butter
- Caul-Fried Rice !!! which I’ve been dying to try for months…
- Roasted Red Pepper Walnut Pesto for a spin on classic pasta sauce over my spaghetti squash
- Spicy Thai Noodles for another option to kick up my spaghetti squash enjoyment
- Crispy Baked Orange Chicken Wings as a new wing recipe with a twist
- Paleo Pepperoni Pizza Casserole for the Italian girl in me who sometimes craves pizza….badly
- Asian Style Steak to change up the way we eat beef in the house
How do you mix up your food rotations? Any suggestions on more global paleo dishes? What kinds of cuisines do y’all typically cook?